91580 (3.8) Investigate time series dataCredits: 4 credits
- The main resource I am using now is on MathsNZ Students and steps students through all of time series with a
series of video lessons with linked questions.
MathsNZ Students Link
- The booklet that these video lessons were based off that we used to work through (in both PDF and Word format).
These booklets (and videos above) have instructions for NZGrapher.
Booklet PDF Version Word Version
- Another teacher has also given some suggestions for students aiming for excellence.
Suggestions for Excellence PDF Version Word Version
- And some exemplars from students from past years (as a guide only - they are not perfect).
Alcohol Preferences PDF Version Food PDF Version Polar Ice PDF Version
- And if you are still using iNZight the instructions I put together for it are avaiable here.
iNZight Instructions PDF Version
- I have written a blog post on what is happening in the 'black box' of the time series module if you are interested in finding out
what is going on. iNZight and NZGrapher both use the same methods, so this applies to both programs. It is again mainly relevant for
teachers, but would be good for excellence students to have a read.
Blog Post Link
- I have also written a blog post about the difference between multiplicative and additive time series models which might be
worth a read if you're interested in that sort of thing... it is again mainly relevant for teachers, but would be good for excellence
students to have a read.
Blog Post Link